Monday, March 12, 2012

Friendship


What is a friend?  Maybe it takes a lifetime to truly grasp the definition of the word.  We have all had friends that behaved more like enemies, fair weather friends, one sided friendships, etc  I can truly say that I have a friend that has stood the test of time.  Mindy and I met when she was 7 and I was 9.  We soon became inseperable.  In the summers, we would spend weeks playing at each others houses: climbing trees, picking blackberries, playing in the creek, riding her horse, and playing M & R Gift Shop. (that was for you “Min”)  Mindy and I had a friendship that baffled our mothers.  We could communicate when they were around without words.  Our friendship survived me graduating high school when she was a freshman and thus being in different towns in different phases of life.  The key was that neither of us seemed to really change.  We could always pick up right where we had left off.  
Lately, Mindy and I have been talking about the importance of being grateful.  So many times, both people and opportunities pass us by without us ever communicating how thankful we are.  This will not be one of them.  
Min-DAY!, 
I am so incredibly thankful for you.  Your friendship means the world to me.  You truly understand me and yet, you still want to hang around!  You handle me at my worst and at my best.  Very few people can weather all the storms that life brings, but you have done it in beauty, intelligence, class, and true red-headed fashion.  You are a classic black dress and a comfie, warm sweatshirt. (Both are necessary in life!)  You are a truly, amazing person and I am so blessed to have you in my life.   Very few adults still have friends that have been around since childhood.  I am so thankful to have you.  I should have known it was a lasting friendship.  After all, we would stand in the pasture picking blackberries forever and you did not even like to eat them!  You picked them for your friend.  You are the definition of a true and selfless friendship.  I’ll love ya forever. 
PS- I could go for some blackberries now!           ~bec


I may be allergic to Miko, but Auntie Becca will always love him.  I hope you enjoy the pictures of you sweet boy.  Thanks for riding shotgun Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment