Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Water Assignment



My object lighting class was given an assignment that required us to shoot an image that portrays "water."  The difficult aspect of the project was to shoot an original image that brings only the word water to mind.  I photographed a vase of water containing blue food coloring; while a classmate used a coffee stirring straw to drop water into the vase.  f5.6 @1/125 accompanied by a Vivitar 285.  I used 2:750 hot lights to illuminate the white partition walls that was placed on three sides of the vase.  The reflections of the lights on the glass produced the above image.  I used photoshop to clean off a few imperfections on the vase in the image and increased saturation in select areas.

3 comments:

  1. I really like your water picture. The backlighting works better than the front lighting I was trying. It almost looks outer space like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job Becca in capturing the water droplets. Your lighting is cool and you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete