Friday, November 20, 2009

My favorite thing: FRUIT!



I was told vegetables with seeds are technically fruits.  For the fruit assignment I chose strawberries (my favorite) then headed to the grocery store check out but the peppers caught my eye. They were so vibrant ! So, I tossed one in the basket.  Once I began shooting in the studio the afterthought purchase ended up becoming my "star."  The color was so bold.  Food is usually shot backlit.  This assignment encompassed food photography, but added something new called "light painting."  This image was one of my "light painting" images.  All lights were turned off and the shutter opened for 3.2 seconds on my Canon Rebel XTI.  During that time, I used the light gun to "paint" my set.  My camera position was high and slightly tilted above the table top.  My square yellow plate from home was turned so the lines would be diagonal for a more interesting effect.  I may not call it a fruit but it is beautiful and edible in its own right.

2 comments:

  1. I love love love this shot. I know you worked really hard to get what you wanted out of this and it really paid off. The colors are wonderful and I love the close, tight perspective. Great job with the light painting as well. Another great photo Becs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your fruit is very nice! I like the bold colors and the specular highlights.

    ReplyDelete