Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Photo Safari in Downtown Asheboro

Last Wednesday my Object Lighting class shot on location in downtown Asheboro. Our teacher asked us to shoot anything that caught our eye and disregard the "rules of photography." The point of the project was to encourage us to be more aware of the things we walk by each day, that have the potential of being a nice photograph. My images were not as abstract as my classmates, but I thoroughly enjoyed the "fun shooting" in the middle of a very stressful semester.




I produced the image above by combining these 2 images and doing some fun tricks in Photoshop.  This became one of my favorites!





















This image challenged me.  However, I can say I learned a lot through trial and error in Photoshop. I got close to what I envisioned as the final image.











All of the above images were captured with my Canon Rebel XTI.  I used a fill card to help illuminate some shadowed areas in addition to the ambient light.

No comments:

Post a Comment