Tuesday, June 19, 2012

What Coffee Sunday Afternoon "Percolated."

This past Sunday afternoon, I walked down to a local coffee shop.  I took a book I have been reading and the journal I jot random thoughts in.  It was Father's Day.  Despite the fact that I am immensely happy here, in Montana, I wanted to hug my Dad.  I sat alone on the patio drinking my coffee. The beautiful sunshine and nice breeze brought a smile to my face and inspired me to write. I grabbed the journal out of my bag.  You see, a wonderful individual in my life has ever so gently pushed me to start writing these random thoughts and stories down...  so I have started... in my on way, of course.  I find the tiniest things spark an entry.  The topic this weekend.  
"Doing Well and Doing Good."
The South isn't known for its good grammar or correct pronunciations.  However, underneath Southern twangs and euphemisms you will find so much more. Yep, there are plenty of phrases that roll of the tongue like "meltin' butter off a warm biscuit."  If you pause for a moment, you will find the meaning so much more profound than the colorful and melodic choice of words.
For example, "Hope yer doin good."  Most people in our fast paced society would just nod assuming we meant, "I hope you are doing well."  I won't bend the truth, sometimes it is what we mean. There is always an exception to the rule, and so it is in this phrase as well...."I hope yer doin good."  I hope you are taking action, embracing opportunities, enriching the world and those around you with GOOD things & GOOD attitudes, and using all the gifts you have been blessed with.  Afterall, how can you be doing good, and not doing well as a result?  So, the next time someone passes you on the street, throws up a hand in greeting, and declares, "Hope yer doin good,"  I hope you are.  

1 comment:

  1. Most of the people agree with this sentence that the hardest thing that you have to deal with every time you find someone new, is when you find out that person isn’t even interested in you. For me, I am much more relaxed as a photographer if I am able to look through a viewfinder and capture a moment rather than looking at a screen.

    Family Photography Toronto

    ReplyDelete