Thursday, February 23, 2012

A Personal Challenge

There are phases of life when things seem heavy, uninspiring, and that we just go through the day to day motions.  In the last few months, I have been giving serious consideration to "putting down my camera."  A lot of soul searching has been done.  I have not reached a conclusion as of yet, but decided not to sit idly by.  A personal challenge:  to shoot or revisit 3 pieces of my heart a week, for me.  Subject matter/Goal:  Find beauty in simplicity, pay more attention to what is around me, and to find the rays of sunlight in the clouds.  I truly believe if you can not appreciate the little things in life, you don't deserve the big things.  So my quest: "the little things, to become inspired and renewed, to find my heart again."

"Photographers shoot what they are or what they hope to be." -Rebecca Helms

Day 1: My Southern Belle: Life is Tough.  Smart Girls Carry Their Own Sword.
This little one is the sunshine in my life.  Her laugh and love of life brightens the lives of all she is around.  We think we are placed in children's lives to teach and guide them.  This much is true but, if that is all you think the relationship brings, then you have missed the bigger picture.  Children teach us so much more than we think:  To love unconditionally.  To find joy in the simplest things: bugs, flowers, goldfish crackers, nerf footballs etc.  It takes so little to bring a smile to their face.  They don't want you for what you can bring...they just want you, your time, and your attention.  This means put down your cell phone, ipad, get off of Facebook and PLAY!  
This little girl reminds me: my favorite things in life are pretty and useful.  Southern women like to be treated with love, respect, and chivalry.  But don't be fooled a true Southern Belle wears cute shoes and a tiara, all the while wielding her own sword.  She awaits her handsome prince, but he will not find her sitting on a soft fluffy couch, oh no she is a Princess from the South hear her roar!






2 comments: