Sunday, February 26, 2012

Day 2: A Blank Canvas

A ray of light is easier to spot in a pitch black room,
A drop of water is more appreciated by one who is dying of thirst,
The value of freedom is truly comprehended by one who was bound, but is now free.
Sometimes emptiness is a great place to start, it is a space all of your own;  a blank canvas to create on...

Ralph Waldo Emerson is one of my favorite writers.  I choose the title "writer" because he seems to be more than just the author of books.  His heart comes out in his writing: be it a quote, story, poem, or book.  I have a book that I write the quotes I like down in.  It is great to review for inspiration, encouragement, laughter, etc  Within the last few months, I have realized that many of my quotes are in fact the words of Emerson.  I find myself writing more lately, something else that has been newly inspired.  I don't feel much like talking, but those that know me, know the words have to get out somehow :) so writing it is.  So with that said it is not what we say or do not say, it is the follow through that matters.  Something so simple as a promise kept, no matter its size is invaluable.  We are only as good as our word.  However, the value of our word is measured in our actions.  No matter how big or small.

No comments:

Post a Comment