Monday, February 22, 2010

"Who I am"

For my multimedia class we were given a quick turn around assignment that would show the viewer who we are as a photographer.  I believe who we are is where we come from, how we spend free time, and who we surround ourselves with.   All this influences my work.  I have always said, "You are what you shoot and you shoot what you want to be."   The  music by Nicklecreek: "When You Come Back Down."  It is significant to me because of all I had to say good bye to, to go to photography school.  As the song progresses I feel like I am the one "below" capturing people's moments.   I am there as others soar.  I am waiting for them to "come back down."  Here is what I ended up with for the short time we were given.  Hope you enjoy.



Untitled from Rebecca Helms on Vimeo.



1 comment:

  1. becca i love this video, it really does describe you and your photography!! i like how you used both video and still images to show yourself!! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete