Thursday, January 14, 2010

Forever Changed

In the summer of 2007 I had the life changing experience of going on a mission trip to Honduras.  Below is  a image that will forever stay imprinted in my mind and heart.  Fortunately, I had a point and shoot camera at that moment.  In August of 2008 I began photography school.  My snapshot may not be my best work but it is one of my own personal favorites for sentimental reasons.  This semester I have begun macrophotography!  I was able to bring home some Honduran money but have never displayed it.  The first macro assignment subject was our choice.  Below is a photograph of a couple things besides a changed heart that I brought back from the mission trip.
The currency was shot at f32 for maximum depth of field with a 20 second exposure.  The camera used was a Canon 5D (full frame) with a ring flash.  This image is a 1:1 ratio.




1 comment:

  1. Nice macro shot (I especially like the top image), and including your story makes for a great blog post!

    ReplyDelete